It is no secret that I love dessert--in fact I think instead of having a sweet tooth I have about 20 of them. This week we made a yummy Lemon Zabaione to go on top a mix of strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries.
6 egg yolks
3 Tablespoons sugar
Juice from 1 lemon
Whisk the sugar and eggs together and then add the juice. Next constantly whisk (your arm may get tired) the mixture over a double boiler until it gets really thick. Let the mixture cool in the fridge. When it is cold mix up 1 cup heavy whipping cream with 1 tablespoon sugar and a touch of vanilla until it is light and fluffy. Fold in the egg/lemon/sugar mixture. Last, be sure to mix in the zest from the lemon and serve over fresh berries.
Presley is definitely my daughter--she took to licking the spatula like it would be the last meal she would ever have! I can remember doing that with the brownie batter when I was a kid (and I will admit to still doing it when I make brownies today).


1 comment:
I think I am right there with you when it comes to having a sweet tooth! I love to try new recipe's - this looks like a good one!
Post a Comment