Friday, February 22, 2008

Finishing touches.

Presley's new BIG GIRL room is just about done. After packing up my sister's stuff we purchased the mattress for P's bed--now we are just waiting for the back ordered sheets. Presley has had sooooo much fun playing in her new room and especially in the new bed. She still can't quite get into it on her own but getting out is no problem. She could sit in it for hours with her dolls and stuffed animals--she covers them up, pretends to take a nap or watch a movie, and relaxes.


I am still in need of art for the walls and I am looking for a mirror, peg boards, a frame or two for pictures, and a nightlight and small lamp. I am going to miss having her in the crib but I think she will make the transition without too much trouble (my fingers are crossed). The thing above her dresser is a flower chandelier (basically a mobile), it is green ribbon with little white flowers and beads.

Lately Presley has been waking up in the morning singing songs--this morning it was "Twinkle, twinkle little star . . . what you are?" over and over again. Chris and I just sat in our bed listening to her over the monitor, smiling.

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

Did you make the mobile yourself?! Her room is amazing. I wish you could be around to help me when i have a kid...one day.

Jess said...

Yeah I love the mobile too, the chair Lily is on is of course from a garage sale, like half the stuff in my house, which I did every saturday before Lily was born. But, I did see some really cute little sized ones at Down East home.

Tara said...

I wish I had the creativity to make the mobile--it is from Pottery Barn (of course, I am stuck in a rut).

I will have to check out Down East--thanks for the tip!