Saturday, July 11, 2009

Beach.

Another side trip we took while in North Carolina was to the beach in Charleston, SC. Yes, it was anther drive and yes, it was somewhat of a disaster--here is why:

  • It poured rain the first night at the beach.
  • Presley is terrified/paralyzed of the sand (she thinks it has "disease" in it).
  • I left my earrings at the hotel (but we drove back and got them).
  • Mom didn't get to shop as long as she would have liked in the old shopping district.
  • Did I mention my kids don't like to be in the car?






Presley did fine if she was on the towel and didn't have to touch the sand with her feet. She now wants her feet washed all the time--weird. Stella did better at the beach, despite these pictures. She actually came out to the water with me and of course ate the sand.

Mom liked the sound of the waves and Krista and I loved how warm the water was. Perhaps a trip to the beach without the kids should be in our future!

No comments: