Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ice Cream.

Move over Ben & Jerry's, my sister and I have been busy coming up with yummy, homemade ice creams--and they do not disappoint!  Our first was a re-creation of Krista's pina colada, then a traditional chocolate brownie, and my favorite a coconut caramel cookie--oh my goodness, these were good!  And we even gave them official names.

We used the Alton Brown custard ice cream base recipe (my sister has it on her blog) and then just added yummy ingredients.  More caloric than Thanksgiving dinner!

Chocolate Brownie Chip.

Coconut Caramel Cookie Crunch.

I am not going to lie, the scale and my treadmill are going to hate me now--especially after I get done making a birthday cake for a friend's daughter's birthday later this week.  Maybe a sugar detox is going to be needed when school starts.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

The cookie crunch one looks so tasty! You are amazing at everything you do! Not fair. And I more than need a sugar detox too!

The Fife's said...

YUMMY!!!